The Best Working Life in the World
The goal of our advocacy work is to build the best working life in the world: fair, flexible, rewarding and renewable.
The world of work is changing more quickly than ever. The best working life in the world, now and in the future, is created by prioritizing the wellbeing, equality and competence of the employees and by developing legislation accordingly. We, the Professionals of Business and Technology, want work to be meaningful, varied and motivating for everyone.
WHAT MAKES WORKING LIFE REWARDING?
We believe that work should be rewarded with a fair salary, corresponding to your tasks and skills, as well as opportunities for development and an emphasis on wellbeing at work. As your competence evolves, so must your salary. Excessive workload, inappropriate treatment, stress or any other factors contributing to psychological distress must be addressed in a timely manner.
REWARDING WORKING LIFE is built:
- By investing in mental wellbeing and by arranging regular occupational health checks that take into account both physical and mental health.
- By introducing an early intervention model in all workplaces in order to promote and maintain wellbeing and ability to work.
- By adopting a zero tolerance policy for workplace bullying: the employer is obligated to draw up an action plan to promote mental health and safety at work and prevent bullying.
By promoting local agreement, which takes into account the different needs of workplaces, while at the same time providing a balanced bargaining position.
WHAT MAKES WORKING LIFE FAIR?
Equal and equitable treatment of employees, in terms of both working conditions and compensation, is a fundamental element of a good working life. If you become unemployed, you will receive earnings-related unemployment security to secure your livelihood, and you will be offered personalized services to help you find a new job. When you retire, you will not have to worry about money, and you will receive a fair pension.
FAIR WORKING LIFE is built:
- By bargaining for collective agreements that guarantee fair and equal working conditions.
- With wage equality, which can be promoted through pay transparency and a transparent remuneration system based on responsibilities and competence.
- With fair unemployment security.
- By increasing personnel representation in workplace decision-making.
WHAT MAKES WORKING LIFE FLEXIBLE?
Flexible working life takes into account different life situations and promotes maintaining a good work-life balance. Flexible working hours and the opportunity to work remotely increase your chances of living a life that looks like you without sacrificing your career goals. You can combine paid work and entrepreneurship, and switch between different forms of work smoothly.
WORKING LIFE is built:
- By enabling remote work for everyone equally and equitably.
- With the family leave system, and by allowing family leave to be divided evenly between the parents.
- Through flexible work arrangements, i.e. allowing employees to choose when and where they work, which can be promoted by introducing a “working hours bank” system and flexible work agreements in accordance with the new Working Hours Act.
- By introducing a hybrid policy for unemployment security for the self-employed and platform economy workers.
WHAT MAKES WORKING LIFE RENEWABLE?
In the rapidly changing world of work, developing your competence is essential. A first-rate BBA degree creates a solid foundation for improving your competence throughout your career. We want you to have diverse opportunities to update your competence with the support of your employer.
RENEWABLE WORKING LIFE is built:
- By introducing a tax-deductible skills provided by the employer, allowing employees to maintain and develop their competence.
- By developing the Master’s (UAS) degree to meet the needs of the labor market, by improving the position of the degree, and by changing the Finnish degree title to “Maisteri (AMK)”.